 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10700
Re: Fun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 06:04:16 GMT

ps. Those of you cheering on Team BS, better luck next time

I was able to get each book entry down to 12 bytes.  I mean 42 entries on the
board by two bits, plus at least three bits for where to drop was the best I
could come up with...  That is 87 bits which could be packed into 11 bytes, but
the compiler liked 12 bytes instead.  That game me 7 bits for good move in any
combination of 7 columns.

It was a table that was binary searched the table was calculated at a skill of
14 (limited by my laptop compute capabilities.

Who had the fastest alpha-beta?

Anyone else want to share what they did for their code?

Kevin