 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10699
Re: Fun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 05:58:17 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
It sounds like I'm one of the few people who slept on Friday night.  :)

I had a good time at rtl 15.  So did Heather.  Her 3rd place marble robot was
the first 'bot (can I use that word here?) she's designed, built, and programmed
completely by herself.

Now, you guys are going to have to watch out for her, also...

'till next time,

Steve

ps. Those of you cheering on Team BS, better luck next time.

Thanks Steve, it was worth a shot and lots of fun.  Did we at least make a
respectable showing?

Want to share techniques and struggles on the software side?  Mine came together
too late.

In the end I had to forgo QuiteC and use brickOS, thus forgoing most of my book.
Who new QuiteC didn't have RCX message handling.... just raw byte messages.

I do think QuiteC is a good way to go if we can get the message stuff coded.....

Thanks for the inspiration though....  I've not programmed the RCX too much
because it is too easy and too much like my real job.

I suspect this might not be the last you see of BS (doesn't it stand for Bruce
Sheridan?)

Kevin