 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10636
10635  |  10637
Subject:
Hassenplug, the great motivator......
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:18:02 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
Steve Hassenplug wrote:

Man, you really are taking this thing seriously.  :)

I have ~ONE~ goal Hassenplug....

It's good to have goals.  :)

It is even better to share a common goal and work together.

do everything in my power to see you lose.  (1)

Well, I really don't want to start talking trash, so I'll just say I feel lucky
Kevin's great code is running on your robot.

Hmmmm...... plenty of sarcasm here..... the anticipation comments like this is a
great motivator.

I don't know how my code will play against yours Steve, but it is better than
random 7.

I'm curious about Michael Purvis' work.  I think he might have been trying to
write the time critical code in assembly.

I did not make it that far, but I'm pretty sure I touched every line of Pumakis'
code.  I also threw a lot of it out.

I reduced the .text section (the actual executable code) down to about 2400
bytes (that is in decimal).

I reduced the necessary board state from 42 bytes to 7.....  eliminated all
mallocs..... and have room for about 1750 entries in my opening book.

Now I wish I had started earlier, and rewritten the whole thing in assembly.
The compiler spits out icky code even at -O4.

Kevin

How many chips has your robot been able to drop into the game board?
1) Over 1000
2) Over 100
3) Over 21
4) The robot has to drop the chips?