 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10529
  one wire, two wire, three wire, GO

C$ questions the rules say this: The touch sensor must be a physical Lego Mindstorms touch sensor. When a robot has completed a move it will press its own touch sensor which will be monitored by both the opponent robot and the Arbitrator. The button (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: one wire, two wire, three wire, GO

(...) Do *I* need to explain the rules to YOU? There are two wires going between robots. YOU have a touch sensor on YOUR robot that is connected ONLY to MY sensor port. I have a touch sensor on my robot that is not connected to anything on MY robot, (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: one wire, two wire, three wire, GO

(...) Unfortunately, as I pointed out in earlier posts this is not acceptable. Others have pointed out problems with connecting sensor ports together. I don't want any sensor port connected directly to my control lab. So, just like listening to your (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: one wire, two wire, three wire, GO

Oh, and that should be One Wire, Two Wire, Red Wire, Blue Wire. Derek (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: one wire, two wire, three wire, GO

(...) <MAJOR SNIPAGE> argh!!!! ok, today my brain is like a small bowl of mush. can someone do up a pretty picture with labels??? just to see if I got this: a sensor is connected to the arbitrator. but that sensor is actually located on Steve's (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: one wire, two wire, three wire, GO

(...) Sure. I will draw one up tonight. There is only one sensor per robot. When playing via arbitrator, that sensor is pushed by Robot A and is connected to Arbitrator. Arbitrator then signals Robot B to start on B's sensor port. Robot B is (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: one wire, two wire, three wire, GO

(...) Two lines running between the robots. (...) You can hold it down up to one second. You must then release it. Otherwise if you are holding it down and the other bot signals the end of its turn you've just told the other bot to play again. Give (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: one wire, two wire, three wire, GO

(...) Okay, let me draw the picture. (...) Hrm. I had planned on homing into the stop button. I guess I'll have to think of something else. (...) Well, so far I see this: The Dones: Steve is bringing four. Mike Purvis will have one. That means at (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: one wire, two wire, three wire, GO

(...) Don't forget us. DanB/JennB/DaveE - the robot is done, and it will be there - even if it does play a rand7 game :) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: one wire, two wire, three wire, GO

(...) You can easily home to the stop button, then move off, a bit. And, you could mount two buttons in the same place, one connected to your bot, one connected to the external wire. (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)