 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10530
Re: one wire, two wire, three wire, GO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:18:48 GMT

C$ questions

the rules say this:

The touch sensor must be a physical Lego Mindstorms touch sensor. When a robot
has
completed a move it will press its own touch sensor which will be monitored by
both the opponent robot and the Arbitrator.
The button should be held for at least one second to ensure a signal.

why does steve need to use 2 wire??

why does derek need more long wires?

in my little world, I will have a touch sensor connected to my RCX, and on top
of that sensor/wire combo, I will add THE CONNECTING WIRE to the arbitraitor.

what am I missing?

Do *I* need to explain the rules to YOU?

There are two wires going between robots.  YOU have a touch sensor on YOUR robot
that is connected ONLY to MY sensor port.

I have a touch sensor on my robot that is not connected to anything on MY robot,
but it is connected to YOUR robot's sensor port (OR the arbitrator).

Now, if you want, you can mulitplex the touch sensor on MY robot with other
stuff on your robot, because you are the only one who will be looking at the
value.  I CAN NOT connect that sensor to my RCX.

This set-up means no two RCX sensor ports (or arbitrator ports) will be
connected together, and the arbitrator will be able to detect which robot is
attempting to signal EOT.

Steve