 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10531
Re: one wire, two wire, three wire, GO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:26:41 GMT

Chris Magno wrote:
C$ questions

the rules say this:

The touch sensor must be a physical Lego Mindstorms touch sensor. When a robot
has
completed a move it will press its own touch sensor which will be monitored by
both the opponent robot and the Arbitrator.
The button should be held for at least one second to ensure a signal.

Unfortunately, as I pointed out in earlier posts this is not acceptable.
    Others have pointed out problems with connecting sensor ports
together.  I don't want any sensor port connected directly to my control
lab.  So, just like listening to your own sensor we can't do this either.

why does steve need to use 2 wire??

In the standalone case:

One wire comes from his touch sensor to attach to the other bots sensor
port.  The other wire comes from his sensor port to attach to the other
bots touch sensor.  Or basically to hook up to the sensor port and touch
sensor wires of the other bot.

In the arbitrator case:

The wire from the touch sensor runs to an input port on the Arbitrator.
  The wire from the sensor port runs to the motor driven touch sensor on
the Arbitrator.

why does derek need more long wires?

Because I don't have enough.  :-)

Since we will be running two games off one control lab, we need enough
wire that we can comfortably space the games apart.  Hence we need more
wire to ensure we can do this.

in my little world, I will have a touch sensor connected to my RCX, and on top
of that sensor/wire combo, I will add THE CONNECTING WIRE to the arbitraitor.

This results in the Control Lab sensor port and one of the RCX sensor
ports being connected together which is not allowed.

what am I missing?

The Arbitrator is becoming an extension of the wires running between the
two bots, instead of just listening to the wires running between the two
bots.

The Arbitrator is now isolating the two bots.

So the path for Red to pass turn to Black is.

Red's touch sensor connects to the Arbitrator sensor port for red.
Motor driven touch sensor for black on Arbitrator connects to sensor
port on Black.  Red touchs touch sensor, Arbitrator hears touch sensor,
Arbitrator drives motor to hit touch sensor for black, Black hears touch
sensor and knows it's now its turn.

Derek