 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10535
Re: one wire, two wire, three wire, GO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 21:09:36 GMT

Calum Tsang wrote:
One sensor per robot.  One line per robot.

Two lines running between the robots.

Speaking of pushing, can I constantly push (hold down) my turn button or is it
instantaneous?

You can hold it down up to one second.  You must then release it.
Otherwise if you are holding it down and the other bot signals the end
of its turn you've just told the other bot to play again.  Give you no
chance to play.

You must also be completely out of the way when you give the signal.

if I volunteer my control lab with that make this better?  then we could "risk" more,
and if I miss my guess, then ONE control lab can watch 8 robots.

Each arbitrator can handle two games at once.  We probaby will have three
arbitrators, each setup with one CL, one laptop, two games watching.

Technically each Arbitrator can handle 4 games at once.  But that's a
tricky interface to manage.   We are hoping to have 2 games per
Arbitrator and 2 Arbitrators.

Calum do you really think we are going to have more then 8 robots?  We'd
only need a third Arbitrator if there are 10 or more robots.

Derek