 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10431
Re: I dont want to be a "steve"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 20:11:15 GMT

DAVE,

I was thinking about ~YOUR~ marble game, and was wondering about all the
ways to be a dink.

-if I grabbed my opponents marbles and dumped them outside the box,
would calum say i was a dink?

- what if I entered some kind of RAMP that made other robots drive over
the edge of the box, would that be steve like?

I'm sure there are other ways.  tell me more about this "spirit"

I'm not saying that I am going to do these things.... but i just wanted
to see.

Chris
the spirit of the game is not part of the holy trinity

Lets see if I can recollect something... Hmmmm...

(stokes chin thoughtfully...)

There was Cinderblock...

There was Chris ramp 'bot...

Ahh yes, all these things have already been done in an rtl marble sorting
competition...

(and I missed 'em all, btw--before my day--Grr!!!)

Now in the competition on the 31st, if someone shows up with a 'bot that fits
within an 8 inch cube at the start of the competition, but can do these things
listed, then that's what they can do and they will not be disqualified nor
thought of as a sink by me.

That said, remember that there is the generic rules that say all 'bots must be
safe--flinging LEGO bricks, or even marbles, outside the arena may cause injury
to others.  If you can design a 'bot that gets around that one, then go for it.

I plan on... well, I won't mention what my plan is but if you saw my block
sorting 'bot, you should have a pretty good idea what I'm planning for the
marble sorting.

Marble Sorting 33 1/3rd--no Dinks allowed.  Yuppies are allowed but not
encouraged ;)

Dave K