 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10181
10180  |  10182
Subject:
Play Area
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 2003 14:03:11 GMT

I have a question for people who have built (or are building) robots for Deep
Yellow.

Has anyone else noticed the common area restrictions to be a problem?  What I
mean is the fact that a robot is not allowed to enter the area past the left
edge of the Connect-Four board.  (that's the opponents area and "You cannot have
any part of your robot in your opponents area at anytime")

So, in the picture:
http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-013104/lego-013104-sketch.jpg

Player B (green area) can not go into the red area.  So, the robot can only be
about 1/2 stud past the left edge of the C-4 board.

I'm having a problem with that, and I was wondering if anyone else found it to
be a problem (or even realized it).

If it's just me, I can find a way to build around it.

oh, and other stuff...

Empty Cell: if you want to tell the difference between a black chip and an empty
cell, you could always use a touch sensor.

Sweetshirt: I love my LEGO sweatshirt.

Scan Time: I ment to say my board scan time is somewhere under 30 seconds...

Steve