 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10122
10121  |  10123
Subject:
Sordid Details... was Re: I hate lawyers!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 16:18:35 GMT

<snip>

ENOUGH TALK of lawyer!!!

I want to hear all the details of your sordid past!!!!

like the time you got so drunk, then was arrested....
or the time you robbed a bank.....
or the time you killed a guy for posting too much.
or that time you went swimming and nearly drowned (oh wait, that's my life)

Chris
There's no 'I' in 'team'.  There's four in 'platitude-quoting idiot'.

Lets see now... (strokes chin thoughtfully)

Nifty little details from my past...

Well, if I ever shaved my head (or started going bald) people might notice two
rather ugly scars--

The first--I was about 8 years old--my dad, mason by trade, was building a
block/brick addition on to our house in Winona.  Probably on a Saturday when no
construction was being done, I went out there and started making a 'log cabin'
with red bricks--stacking 'em up pretty tall--it was well above my head (due to
me using a ladder).  When I was done, I stood back, looked at the greatness that
was the tower, and then mom called 'Lunch!'  I started to run inside--we're not
sure of the exact sequence of events, but I flipped, and the whole brick tower
came crashing right on top of me.  One of the bricks, possibly from close to the
top of the tower, smacked me right on the mellon--yes, the corner of the brick
as well.  Supposedly my mom came out, saw me under this pile of bricks, and
blood all over my hair...

Then there was that scout camp, when we're playing a basic game of 'hide and
seek', except that the range was over a few square kilometers and it was 10 p.m.
(dark)

I thought I saw someone down in a mini-ravine so I went to tackle him and landed
on my head.  Yeah, that was also lots of blood from a gash on my skull.  Right
now I can still feel the scar--no hair has ever grown there.

Oh you want sordid details...

I went to a Wilcox concert at the local pub when I was around 17.  The local pub
also housing a strip joint.  Wilcox started his set at like 11:30 p.m.  He was a
little tipsy, as his wont when he's doing the bar circuit.  Picture it--the
little room was packed with people, all in various states of, well, whatever,
and smoke (not just cigarettes) and then Wilcox comes on--loud, noisy, packed
and smokey...

So I'm not really into that scene... Walk upstairs, past the strippers, out to
the phone booth...

Dial 1-800-dad-pick-me-up...

Remember it's around midnight now...

"Hi, ummm, dad... can you come pick me up?"

"Sure son, where are you?"

I hadn't thought that far ahead...

"Well, ummm, The Hunt Club..."

pause...

Anyway, I got home and no stern lecture to boot.  Papa mentioned that he thought
it was good that I did the responsible thing by calling him for a ride and all
that...

Boy, 17 and in bars...

What else is there...

Well, I can't think of more dirty stuff than that--remember I grew up in the
stix...

I heard on the radio last night about the 'worst Christmas embarassment'--some
guy was mentioning his story...  When he was younger (around 17 (everything
happens to pepole at 17...) he came home from school...  knowing his mom was at
work and wouldn't be home for a few more hours, he started watching the '20
minute workout'.  For those of you out there who might not have heard about the
fine television known as the '20 minute workout'--you get 3 very attractive
women dressed up (or down--depends on how you say it) in spandex, doing all
these 'workout' moves.  I woldn't necessarily call it 'soft core' but...

Anyway, so this guy's relaying this story on the radio last night about when he
was 17--he sitting in his living room, his mom won't be home for a few hours,
and he turns on the 20 minute workout and yada yada yada...(1)

Next thing he hears is his mom, "Dear, are you all right?"  He looks up and
there's his mom.  What's worse is that there are his mom's co-workers with
her--they came home for an impromtu small Christmas cheer...

E-ouch!

To this day he says he can't call his mom at work...

K, I have to do something else now to get my mind off that image...

Dave K
-details left out to protect young minds...