 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10105
Re: I hate lawyers!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 16:37:30 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

<snip>

Send him a bill for the time you spent resolving this (at, oh, I dunno, 420
CDN/hour, that sounds about right) and ask when you can expect payment... if he
demurs, suggest that a collection agency needs to be involved. If he says that's
a bit harsh, well... laugh and ask how he likes it.

But that's just me. Dale Carnegie, eat your heart out.

When I tried to contact said lawyer after my chats with telcos and collection
agencies, I got his answering machine.  I was polite, but mentioned to him that
I had spoken with telcos and collections, and these companies stated I owe no
monies.  I furhter added that if I have to appear in small claims court, I may
avail myself of restitution of wages lost for missing work, for mileage
(Richmond Hill is an hour from me) and the like.

Being impatient, I also called back every 15 minutes thereafter until I got a
live one.

We shall see what transpires.  I may have to cave in and call my lawyer
cousin--hate doing things like that.

Dave K