 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10166
Re: I hate lawyers!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 18:28:39 GMT

So now all three companies involved--the telco, the barrister and the
collections agency, all assure me that this matter is being looked into and that
I do not have to go to court and such.  I keep on mentioning to them, however,
that I'd like that in writing.  "Oh, you'll get a letter sometime...."

Anyway, the issue is winding down--i'll get a letter and then I'll have a merry
little Christmas...

In the end, I have come to realize a few things--a) glad I kept all
bills/invoices/whatnot from the past 4-5 years.  This very issue was proof that
this is a good idea.  b) people who work with computers and within 'comapny
rules' are getting to be more and more 'brain dead'--reciting only what the
computer will tell them instead of thinking for themselves.  "My computer screen
says that you owe this much!"  Well, I have a piece of paper in my hand dated
such'n such from your own company saying that I don't owe you anything.  In
fact, I have another piece of paper showing you mailed me a cheque 'cause I paid
too much money to the account.  "My screen doesn't show that--you're wrong..."
Yeah, I made all this up just to bug you a week before Christmas--my paperwork
in my hand says I owe you nothing; the collection agency just told you that I
didn't owe you money--they're in on it, too!

Idiots.

Old computer axiom--garbage in, garbage out...

Dave K