 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *4434 (-10)
  Re: Sumo-Train Competition

(...) Um, I think you would want to avoid those you were likely to lose and accelerate for those that you were likely to do well in... (if you clip the tail end of the other train at speed striking a square blow, you are likely to do well... if you (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Sumo-Train Competition

(...) Pardon? Collision avoidance in a train sumo event.... Nahhhhhhh :) Perhaps collision detection - so you can accelerate... >:) Jeff E (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11 Event Rules Posted

Excerpt from contest rules: "The winner recieves 2 points for the win, the loser, none. A tie gives each player a single point." Well *I'm* going to wear a tie. An extra point every round - how can I lose? Wait - is this some tricky way of (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Upgrading RCX 1.0

That is exactly what you can do. Lego has released a 2.0 SDK, which includes the 2.0 firmaware (firm0328.lgo), as well as lots of other stuff for programming. I can't find it on their web site, so you can (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Upgrading RCX 1.0

Thanks Callum. What we are doing is trying to get to 2.0 to use some features in NQC. Am I making this too complicated? Can we just download the 2.0 firmware and skip the 1.5 upgrade? "Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: MOC Monorail with MOC Monorail

(...) and (...) Yes, that's a possibility, but ....I bougth a large amount of blue and gray track without the 12v conductor rails and you'd loose a major benefit of having 2 different radiusus or radii (whichever you prefer :-). Besides....I like a (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: St. Jacobs: Rotation Sensors

(...) Iain and I went up today to Cookstown and there some pretty decent deals. As noted by John (thanks John!) there are a lot of first generation Star Wars stuff (I got a Slave1 and Landspeeder, I couldn't bear to take the Desert Skiff. Damned (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Old IBM mainframe robots

(...) (URL) little more info about the IBM 3850 MSS. There's also a guy who's built a Lego DDS loader (4mm) tapes, which is pretty inspirational on concept: (URL) was looking at a DDS2 tape here and I think one approach might be not to slide it in (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11 Name Contest

"Bridge Over Troubled Water" "Bridge Over Troubled Linoleum" "A Bridge Too Far" "A Brick Too Far" "How Long Is The Gap? 6 Feet. How Wide Is The Gap? 1 Foot. I Will Build My Bridge ACROSS The Gap." (apologies to The Goon Show) Personally, I like "A (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11 Event Rules Posted

If Rob will permit me to answer for him (HAH! Like there's anything he could do about it :), I saw that and thought it was a very good idea because whenever I use a diff, the two axles always slide in and out whenever I try to put something on the (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact