 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *349 (-20)
  house keeping

Just a few odds and sods i need to finish: At the last dinner i spoke about official lego wallpaper. here is the link: (URL) i cant get a better URL but the site is full of Javascript. :( Second: Calum have you called Jeff and begged for the use of (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Less than a week to rtlToronto7, The Plastic Dust is Normal

My bot is still ok. i still have 2 official handle to pick it up with and for service. the bot has 4 motors for motion. 1 RCX for points. i still have to add the drive and look for blocks code. i get about 80% stacking reliability on my bench. I've (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Less than a week to rtlToronto7, The Plastic Dust is Normal

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message news:G8nJK0.rJ@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) Fine - although paletizer is looking dim. a) I hate coding 3 rcx's and trying to get them to talk via IR. b) It's just too large. I CANNOT take this (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  re-establishing contact

Well, I've been out of rtlToronto for a bit (probably haven't done anything since writing and releasing the excellent kBot marble-sorting code), but I'm hoping to make it out this weekend. I finally brought my RIS back to Guelph with me, and got the (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Less than a week to rtlToronto7, The Plastic Dust is Normal

(...) See, this is why I appreciate this grp. I'm not the only one who has done something like this to LEGO :) My stack 'bot is in pieces all over my floor. Oh it's gonna take a while to get back together, preferably by Saturday. How's yours coming (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Less than a week to rtlToronto7, The Plastic Dust is Normal

" Let's kick some bot " ;) -R (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:G8Lp5K.2pt@lugnet.com... (...) Aparently it is! Yesterday I was playing with one of the old 9V motors and I had an 8t gear on the shaft... I was trying to drive a 40t gear by just holding (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] Less than a week to rtlToronto7, The Plastic Dust is Normal

rtlToronto 7: The Plastic Dust is Normal! Saturday February 17th, 2001, 10AM Competitors, 1PM Audience Lillian H Smith Branch, Toronto Public Library 239 College St, Toronto. Just west of St George and east of Spadina. Hi folks, Only one week left (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events)

  Re: My First Stacking Attempt

(...) My lpatop will be there. I come straight from work so laptop always comes in tow. Thinking about taking a few vacation days next week so I can finalize my 'bot. Boss is pretty excited about the whole thing, might even show at the event Dave (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My First Stacking Attempt

(...) Ummm.... I probably wouldn't do it, but I haven't seen how well the spinning tires work. I am also partial to minimizing motors. But your plan is a lot simpler. (...) Sounds like you are well on the way! I will either bring a demo model of my (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Spectrum?

(...) Hi, I'm fairly new, just started hanging out since September. I'll be there too. I'm (...) never! (...) I live just down the road from Spectrums main warehouse :) I could probably pick stuff up for you if you wanted... We talked about the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Spectrum?

Hi I'm new to rtlToronto, but will see you at Mel's on Friday night. I'm building my first sumo bot and hopefully you will politely refrain from laughing when you see it! Your group has great community/sharing spirit! Chris Magno mentioned being (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My First Stacking Attempt

(...) That was the plan, but it's a little more insidious than that. :( It's not just the floor plane, it's the alignment in the other plane-ie, it's if a block hops into the wheels (ie, being bumped by another block behind it, or being bumped by an (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: They're far ahead of us...

ROTFL! That's wicked Calum, especially after all the lego dust I made last week :) But I have to admit, you're the only friend I have who would go to Zeller's with a digital camera in hand :) Jeff (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: They're far ahead of us...

(...) Actually, yes, the probably is what it is referring to. What I find funny is that we've entitled the 7th Annual Toronto Lego Robotics Event, "The Plastic Dust is Normal", a reference to hardcore robotics enthusiasts stripping gears and (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: They're far ahead of us...

(...) The roborider? (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  They're far ahead of us...

Check out what I found at my local Zellers! I swear, this was a real shelf tag I found a few weeks ago. (URL) I guess it IS normal! Calum (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: CENQC - NEW for WindowsCE!

(...) Well, no one told me about it. I only found out recently. I had CEServices 2.2 running on Win98FE for two years. It was always relatively slow in comparison...but the biggest issue is I can't jack up the serial port speed in ActiveSync3.1 (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: CENQC - NEW for WindowsCE!

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:G86ysz.CJr@lugnet.com... (...) even (...) Dock/II (...) Yeah, I've been runing 3.1 for about... 2 years? :) (...) the (...) Protage? Isn't that a car? Iain (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: CENQC - NEW for WindowsCE!

(...) Cool. Except my CE spends its entire day sitting in it's dock at the office. I'm trying to buy a used smaller pocket CE to replace it. BTW, have you tried ActiveSync 3.1? It's so much better than CE Services-I even got it running properly on (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact