 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *13899 (-20)
  Re: What is it with you guys?

G'Day I think part of it is not to take anyone or anything too seriously, ( i mean who actually listens to Chris?) (1)(2) And, yeah, when we meet good natured insults, jabs and smack gets hurled back an forth, but i do not think any one (in our (...) (19 years ago, 23-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Load in for Saturday

I hope to be there as close to 4 as possible as well. Cheers Oliver "Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:IF77tF.1M6J@lugnet.com... (...) (19 years ago, 23-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What is it with you guys?

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno wrote: snip (...) The gang at North Carolina! Except we do lunches...long lunches. (...) for :-)? (...) You know, it's that third one that's the trick. I'm very happy with my little group, but it took some (...) (19 years ago, 23-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: One comment

(...) Or my favorite, the "I'm outta here"-and-they-never...ally-leave people. -Greg (19 years ago, 23-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What is it with you guys?

Gary Istok wrote: > > Besides what Chris already said, there is one major reason the Toronto folks get > along so well..... they meet in person. They know each other and hang out > together. When people actually meet other people something magical (...) (19 years ago, 23-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What is it with you guys?

(...) BS. That's ME we're talking about then, not you. Mwahahahaha. Legoswami (19 years ago, 23-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What is it with you guys?

(...) Besides what Chris already said, there is one major reason the Toronto folks get along so well..... they meet in person. They know each other and hang out together. When people actually meet other people something magical happens, they become (...) (19 years ago, 23-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: One comment

(...) Go ahead, please do post the whole thing. I have the same log you do, so if you edited it, it would be pretty obvious there was a discrepancy, wouldn't it? Also please remember that you would need to warn that it may contain material that some (...) (19 years ago, 23-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: One comment

(...) Deal. in fact. I was looking for a way to ask you; how you would feel about me posting the ~ENTIRE~ convo. lets clear the air. lets start this transparency thing by STOPPING the "he said she said" nonsense. too many times, the game of "broken (...) (19 years ago, 23-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What is it with you guys?

HI Joe! Welcome to rtlToronto. some have said we are the friendliest place on the internet. Others have said that we will suck the soul outta your love for the brick. there BOTH right. Joe Strout wrote: > I'm just a newbie -- only been in the AFOL (...) (19 years ago, 23-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: One comment

(...) Ya know... What really would be good would be if Kevin got in the habit of giving proper context in his quotes (of me, of you, of whoever), instead of quoting for effect. With your permission, Chris, I'll share the whole chatlog of our (...) (19 years ago, 23-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: One comment

(...) ya know, Kevin C has bandied about a quote, so i dont think i am breaking any confidences. "Lugnet is NOT a democracy" yep. sums it up. treat members like that and people will walk away. has anyone compiled a list of names of people who have (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  What is it with you guys?

I'm just a newbie -- only been in the AFOL community for about a year -- but it seems like every time I turn around, somebody in the .rltoronto group is doing something cool. I feel like half the posts on LUGNET are coming out of Toronto -- the (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  One comment

I just finished the last round of posts about the "Transition Team" and you know, I find it a little depressing. I've been accused of being a cynic, but I'm starting to believe while the administration continues to write flowery documents and form (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 'Cause my friends told me to

(...) This is one of the more amusing projects I've seen around--I used to love building multiple copies of small models in different colours when I was a kid. But back then there weren't this many colours! Calum (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 'Cause my friends told me to

My bad--a little more research and I found out that I can't make a go-cart in teal (dark turquoise). There is 1 x 4, 1 x 8 and 1 x 16 technic beams in teal, but, and this surprised me, no 1 x 2's in teal. That's odd, considering that 1 x 2 technic (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My favourite piece

(...) thanks. you cant go wrong with a worm to 24. Chris (19 years ago, 20-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 'Cause my friends told me to

(...) Thanks! Whilst you're there, hi to JeffE Dave K (19 years ago, 20-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 'Cause my friends told me to

(...) Again, I keep my eyes peeled while in the OC. Derek (19 years ago, 20-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 'Cause my friends told me to

<snip> (...) More major uncouthness by me replying again tomy own post... But getting 4 1x8 Technic bricks in Teal (or dark turquoise--that's verified that they're the same colour) will be an even bigger pain in the heinie than getting the 1 x 8's (...) (19 years ago, 20-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact