 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13897
Re: What is it with you guys?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 23 Apr 2005 16:04:06 GMT

snip

So what's your secret?  How'd you get such an active, friendly group? Is it
something to do with the weather?  (I'm in Chicago at the moment, which isn't
THAT different from Toronto...)

NOPE.  the secret (for us) is the casual relaxed atmosphere. (1)

All you need to do is read our charter, and follow all the posted terms.
  pay a small monthly membership fee, and pledge allegiance to US.

OH wait...

I forgot.

we dont have a charter
we dont have terms
we dont have ANY fee, EVER
and if you like us, you can join us for dinner at a restaurant where we
ALWAYS get separate cheques.

how many other LUG's can say the same thing??

The gang at North Carolina! Except we do lunches...long lunches.

:)

I only blame myself and Calum.

for :-)?

If somebody wanted to follow your example and build up a similarly large and
amicable group of AFOLs elsewhere, what advice would you give them?

Thanks,
- Joe

pretty simple.

1. Do what YOU want.
2. If people like it they will follow. if they dont.  they DONT.
   then
3. WAIT.

You know, it's that third one that's the trick. I'm very happy with my little
group, but it took some time to build things up.

OR.

as i have said before.....

HIRE me, to be in your LUG.  where ~I~ go; the post count follows.
(check out JLUG)  most of my posts cause the "view counter" to rise.

SAME here on rtl.
and most recently, in that admin.general place.  (wink)

I'd hate to see your asking salary :-)

Joe Meno
NCLUG Administrator

Chris