 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13909
Re: What is it with you guys?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 23:35:02 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Lindsay Frederick Braun wrote:

I thought you being dinks was the entire
reason everything worked so well.

But that's just one onlooker's (read:
random American chowderhead's) opinion.

I think people like to joke around and snark.  But there's real cohesiveness in
the group, which is hard to tell from our online posts.

What surprised me the most about the rtlToronto group (after meeting them) was
how much they really seemed to know and respect each other.  To see the
interaction between some members you'd think they'd known each other since high
school.  And I don't think that's the case (correct me if I'm wrong).  I think
most of these are friendships were formed by and around LEGO but they feel as
strong as any you'd find outside of a hobby.

My favorite rtl moment happened when several of the group participated in The
Hobby Show exhibit for the first time in 2003.  Anyone who was there won't soon
forget the moment at which Derek's 'Flying Bobs' model began to self-destruct.
What impressed me was how the nearby members of rtlToronto immediately began the
process of collecting every last piece that hit the floor.  There was no joking
about what had happened.  They just worked together as a team to do what needed
to be done.  I saw the same attitude during the setup and tear down for that
show as well.

So though they take good natured pot shots at each other (and others) online I
can honestly say the 'real' people behind this group are pretty easy to get
along with and certainly get along well with each other.

Allan B.