 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *13629 (-20)
  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

Iain Hendry wrote in message ... (...) out of (...) work (...) To make the parallel true, though, the porn would have to name or otherwise specifically involve either your boss or a co-worker, and name your place of work (as Chris's post on JLUG (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) I would have to agree, although, if it were my board (thank goodness it isn't) I'd probably have ended up banning a couple of folks for a while (myself included, I do seem to have some bad days).... But as I've said before.. not my pond. (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) No, the primary reason will be said to be the original "Wish's" (sic) post. The justification is weak, as others have pointed out, because there are other examples of others who have put that sort of sentiment out but they haven't been timed (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) Well done Joseph. Seriously. Thank you. This new information brings up an interesting twist and question, but first I will adamntly say that what Chris did was wrong, in any forum. If Chris did the contest completely outside of lugnet, and a (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) I wasn't going to get involved with this, at all, but now I just can't resist. This is just like if, say, I did porn. Hypothetically. In my own time, out of working hours. And then my work found out about it because someone at my work saw a (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) Ok, then I tender my apologies to Chris regarding the posting on Lugnet of the link to the contest. (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) Just to clarify, it was Lenny, in (URL) that posted the link here in lugnet, not Chris. -Rob A> (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) Ok, Ok, I'll stop ragging on that one.. I just thought the phrase ' condensing and rude attitudes' was too hilarious to ignore... I'm sorry , I still can't think it without laughing. (...) Ok, I will acceed this point. True (...) True, I (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) Greg, please be assured, that I did not believe for a moment that all of rtlToronto was in agreement on this. I simply meant to imply the group of those who did encourage and donate to the spiteful cause. (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) And that my friends is the spirit of competition. I am so pumped about this! rtlBeamPumping1 Iain (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

On Fri, March 4, 2005 10:13 am, Iain Hendry said: (...) So many strategies. All very simple. They all work. What works best? (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Sounds like a valid strategy to me! See, this has totally opened up what methods people might use to get the task done. This is awesome. If we leave it this open-ended, imagine how many different solutions we might see come game day! Iain (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Sure. But then what? Coz' what if he's trying to drive over to your side, hmm? :) (Wow, it sure is obvious when everyone rolls out of bed and into work!) ::giggles:: Iain (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Wouldn't I just have to drop off the beam to make my side go up? Derek (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Wouldn't I just have to drive my 'bot to the other side? No 'bots on my side would make my end go up (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto18 Photos Available

(...) There's always pictures of me in the background in some stupid facial expression...and Chris always with trains...and... Calum (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Lifting your side is cool--it also solves the broomstick problem should someone want to drop a leg to the floor. But then it sort of encourages a sumo like approach, because to win, you need to either drop a leg OR fight the other robot to get (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Brilliant! I really like the idea of raising your end..... It even give you an ideal "null" competitor.....an empty beam :) -Rob A> (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Well, the early rtlToronto games were limited to one RCX--but not one RIS set. The idea was that everyone had lots of Lego, but not lot of Mindstorms sets. To keep it even, we said one RCX only, so that "anyone" with a basic set could (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) This is the second time I've gasped reading one of your suggestions today. Good show! :) You bring up an awesome point - anyone can build a HEAVY robot. But it takes real skill to lighten things up. I like this even more now. We don't need a (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact