 Organizations / Canada / OBB / 382
Re: So who is building a bot for Brickfete??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2011 15:03:14 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.obb, David Koudys wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.obb, Rob Antonishen wrote:
Being a visual kind of guy I just wanted to confirm the following
layout for tug-of-war (not that I'm promising anything but I am
considering attending....)

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/ffaat/Stuff/rect5320.png

And these boards/tables are 2" off the ground?

-Rob A.

And if we can get a clarification on the rules that if *any* part or piece of
the robot falls below the top plane of the board, it automatically loses

This will prevent the 'hook' grab onto the back and/or sides of the wood.  IMHO,
the hook grab (even though i did it last time) defeats the true purpose of tug
o' war...

And as for the other thing, I think I can build a 'bot out of pure lego and
sensors that can find and blow out a candle.  however, for those that can't
muster the 'bot building stuff o' legend to do that... well, sure we could allow
3rd party stuff...

Dave K
-smack talk mode 'on'

Oh Dave,

I know you may be good at building a BIG, and heavy bots, but when it comes to
finesse, your skills leave something to be desired.

Look.

I see it thus:

If you(someone) can build a bot, that fits within the starting size and can
either drive, or launch a hook to the end of the 2" high game area and NOT touch
the ground, then you can use a hook and I think that should be allowed.

I like the hook I idea.

But I would be open to debate.

Chris
B.E.D