 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 85
Re: Another parts request - thin walls
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 16:49:21 GMT

First, they are mailboxes, NOT safes!

John, how large an opening do you have to cover with the clear pieces?  I have
quite a few of the thin wall pieces in clear, 4 wide 3 high (26), 2 wide 3
high (18) and 2 wide 2 high (8).  These are the same type of panels as used in
the container boxes, just transparent.  The 4561 has many of them.  If you
place the smooth side inwards, it will not have any protruding pieces to catch
the "grain".

With respect to the curved panels I suggested earlier, the small one will
definitely not do.  The straight segment is about 1.5 inches long and the
radius of the curve is only about 5/8 inch.  The large one which is in the
town monorail would be perfect except for the 2x6 plate at the top of the
curve, the bricks would definitely catch.  I should have dug out the pieces to
look at them before suggesting them to you.

I *finally* found some 4x3 windows with clear panes.  I'll be using
these so that the grain inside the bins would be visible.  Another
benefit of the 4x3 window is that the pane could be removed
to get access to any jammed bricks.

Chris & Steve:  "No!  Safes!"

James, John, & Michel:  "Mailboxes!"

Chris & Steve:  "Safes!"