 Organizations / Canada / 9
Re: LUG World Map 1st Version complete.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.org.nl, lugnet.org.us
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 14:18:37 GMT

In lugnet.org, Eric Kingsley writes:
FUT lugnet.org

For those that may be wondering the maps can be found at:

http://www.lugnet.com/map/

There are also many links to these maps from the LUGNET home page as well as in
the lugnet.org.* and lugnet.loc.* hierarchies.

Finally I just wanted to remind people that when you get to a level with 2 maps
(1 for LUG's and 1 for LTC's) these maps are thumbnails to the full readable
versions of the maps so please click on them to see the highest level of
detail.

Thanks and sorry for any confusion.

FUT lugnet.org

Eric Kingsley

For those of you that don't know I have been working on the LUG Map that Todd
and Suz have greatiously decided to host here on LUGNET.  For the most part we
have worked out the issues with keeping the map updated.  About the only thing
we still have to work out is how to get the LUGNET Header and Footer on the
pages.

I have included all the regional General "LEGO User Groups" as well as all the
regional "LEGO Train Clubs" that I am aware of.  I have also taken an • "Educated
Guess" as to the "area of influence" of each of these groups.

First you should all know that with your help I will be the general contact
for these maps as they need modifying.  So please either E-mail changes to me
or post a message to the general lugnet.org newsgroup so I will be sure to see
it and take action.

There are several things I would like help with from the regional groups in
order to make these maps as accurate as possible.  Currently I am going down
to the lowest level of detail needed to show all the current groups.  For
example, Asia, Europe, and North America are "drill-able" portions of the map
as those are the areas that currently contain regional groups.  In the case of
North America I have gone to a country level because of the number of groups
in the area and the general size of the countries involved.  As more detail is
needed I will create more layers of the maps.  For each area as you get to the
lowest level there is a choice of showing the "LUG" map or the "LTC" map.

Here are the areas that you can help me with.

1.  Please contact me for changes not Todd or Suz as they have a lot on their
hands.  As maps change or new maps are added I will contact them and they will
"Snarf" my maps onto LUGNET.

2.  Some Clubs have asked for dots to signify areas of "dense" interest in
their regions.  I will do this when requested to do so by those groups.  I
will need as much information as possible to make the dots as accurate as
possible. Probably the best thing to do would be to copy the maps currently
available and place the dots as you would like to see them and then I will
make the changes based on that.

3.  Like I said before these regions were mostly "educated guesses" on my
part. If your region needs "tweeking" please give me as much detail as
possible. Again the best thing to do would be to either copy a map or generate
you own map to highlight your region and post it or E-mail it to me.

Kind of like this..
http://www.lugnet.com/org/us/?n=384
http://www.lugnet.com/org/us/?n=386

4.  If you have a new group or I forgot your group let me know about it.  Let
me know what area you cover and if you have a web site what the URL is.

I guess the point here is the more information you can give me in any changes
the better.  I will try and be as accomidating as I can.  In some cases I will
not be able to make the changes but if I can't I will let you know why I can't
make those changes.  In most cases changes will be batched in periodic updates
so that I don't have to have Todd and Suz constantly updating the map.  I will
be keeping my version updated and as I make changes I will ask the requester
of the change to approve any change before they move to LUGNET.

So let me know about any changes you think need to be made.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

View My Creations at: