 Organizations / 203
Re: LUG World Map 1st Version complete.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 13:38:02 GMT

In lugnet.org, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.org, Eric Kingsley writes:
FUT lugnet.org

For those of you that don't know I have been working on the LUG Map that Todd
and Suz have greatiously decided to host here on LUGNET.

Oh, and I think you may want to increase the scale a bit when you drill in,
the NA map for example has group names so small you can't read them.

I am not sure but I think you need to drill in one more level.  For example
when you drill into the US in the North America Map you get two maps.  One for
LUG's and one for LTC's.  These maps are really Thumbnails of the maps for the
two groups.  If you drill in one more level you will get a map like this one.

http://www.lugnet.com/map/na/usa/lug/

This is one "quirky" part of the maps that I want to do something about.  I may
make the thumbnails smaller so it is more obvious that you have to drill into
them or I may take the maps off alltogether and replace them with symbols for
LUG's (Maybe a brick of some sort) and LTC's (I think a train would be
obvious).

If this is not what you are talking about let me know so I can respond to what
you are talking about.

Either that or put the group names in a "key" with color boxes below

This might be a good idea either way.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/