 Organizations / 221
Re: LUG World Map 1st Version complete.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2000 12:24:42 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Simon Denscombe writes:
In lugnet.org, Scott Arthur writes:
Dear head co-ordinator,

Hello.

UK is short for "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland". • loc.uk
covers :
Channel Islands
Ireland/Éire
Scotland
England
Isle of Man
Northern Ireland
Wales
Why does uklug not do the same?

Because the Internet does not care for physical geography while LEGOFests do.
BTW, I didn't design LUGNET - that was someone else!

So you are saying anyone from outside the UK mainland is not allowed to attend
a fest?

Does UKLUG cover these as well?
Anguilla, Ascension Island, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands,
Channel Islands, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Isle of Man, Montserrat, • Pitcairn
Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands.

What about Shetland?

I think we need a discussion here and to make some decisions, I've only
appointed myself as a co-ordinator here not a supreme leader, personally I
don't think we have enough discussion about UKLUG - maybe we need our own
newsgroup - lugnet.org.uklug

Can we be orange (HTML #FF9966) please :-)
So NI, and you still want to be "Orange"? :-)

Hehe, my favourite coloUr that is.

Carbon 60