 Organizations / Australia / 1235
Re: Lego announcments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 23:57:41 GMT

What a horrible thought, Lego made in Korea.

Lots of stuff is made in Korea. Indeed, probably lots of stuff  with "made
in Some Place Else" labels is made in Korea. They have a lot of ship
building, car manufacturing (Hyundai, Daewoo, Kia), electrical appliances
(LG, Goldstar) and a lot of other industry that probably puts Australia to
shame.

I visited there in 1992 and at that time all the big-name trainers (Nike,
Reebok, etc) were being made there. While I wouldn't want to live there
(Seoul has terrible air pollution from all that industry and all those
cars), I don't mind sourcing Lego from there. Indeed, it probably makes Lego
cheaper.

In this wonderful world of globalisation, you have to wonder how much longer
anything will be manufactured in countries like Denmark and USA. How much
longer before your Lego boxes (and everything else) says "Made in Sudan",
"Made in Cambodia", etc?

Kerry