 Local / Australia / 3812
Re: Lego announc_e_ments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 15:03:54 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:
What will happen now with the moulding mainly in Europe.
Maybe with Lego Direct in op worldwide, the world will be in synch.

  I wonder if all moulding is being handled in Europe, or if any
  thing at all is going to be done elsewhere...?  I'm going to take
  my Dutch LoM box back to the US and check it against what's on the
  shelves there--especially whether the US packaging has a set name.
  This Dutch one doesn't.

The SW buckets in Australia have 'Made by LEGO Co, Seoul, Korea.'
Surely they're up to more than just producing these.
One of the Arctic sets here had a piece count on it (origins?), aren't piece
counts a trade secret for ex-Euro sets.

  So if moulding is handled in Europe, that still leaves the problem
  of packaging--do they just send polybags o' bricks off to be boxed,
  and if so, in what order?

With the amount of air in the boxes these days, it means less room in the
container if shipped boxed trans-Atlantic. They were just laying off the
moulding staff weren't they, so maybe they will be boxed Stateside.

Where is the Statue of Liberty set produced ?

pw