 Local / Australia / 3806
Re: Lego announcments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 00:58:13 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:

Asia and Australia in 2001 !

Maybe. Maybe not. What the press release actually said was:

"In 2001 the LEGO Shop at Home will be made available to consumers from
Southern Europe and Asia/Pacific."

I would be more confident if the press release had used the word "Australia"
explicitly.

Kerry

Agreed...Asia-Pacific is too broad an area. After all, they were planning
for LD to be in Aus at the end of THIS year.

The exclamation mark was my way of saying I will believe it when I see it.
Maybe by Pacific they mean Tahiti, Guam or possibly Norfolk Island :^o

Any discussion on what was intended to be the major point of my post, which
was the design your own set idea.

pete.w (who is quite happy with the prices of the soccer sets, the UCS sets
and the chrome castle sets, which are cheaper than the US, so stop complaining
and give LEGO a bit of praise for a change)

OOPS...Yep, they certainly do deserve praise for the change in their pricing
policy...it's just that I'm stuck on the OLD LA where they charged high
prices, and weren't prepared to communicate with stores who have placed orders.

Anyway, if they've improved their game and manage to get this going next
year, I'll certainly be changing my tune.

Benjamin Whytcross (who isn't holding his breath, but does have his fingers
crossed :) )