 Off-Topic / Geek / 511
Re: Datsville overview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 02:20:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad, John VanZwieten writes:

I added a link to the Datsville page:
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Fields/1864/datsville.html

I don't have an ftp utility yet.

-John Van

Got it.  I couldn't figure out how to add a swap *file* in Free BSD,
so I'm rendering it on a Sparc5.  It's still parsing...
It's hovering around 820MB right now.

I'll probably try it on the rs/6000 (much faster) if I can get povray
to compile on it (wish me luck).

KL

PS, the DAT explorer has been updated to v 0.2, It always displays
the image as 320x240, and you can select render resolution (80x60 renders
in about 4 seconds, including the 3 second parse time).

KL