 CAD / 2789
Re: Datsville overview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 20:38:52 GMT

Well, this is extremely premature, and it's probably going to break
and change frequently, but if anyone wants to beta-test the browser,
it's using my "safehous.dat" file:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/mkpov?

The coolest thing is that is caches all renderings so if you're looking
at something that's been looked at before it loads instantly!

KL

(Yikes!)

In lugnet.cad, John VanZwieten writes:

Kevin Loch <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote in message news:FI2FrE.H7C@lugnet.com...
but doesn't l2p require lgeo which doesn't have all the parts?

If you want I can try to render it.  I've got some big machines laying • around.

Go for it (and anyone else who wants to try)!  The zip file with everything
you need is at http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Fields/1864/townpov.zip

Also, I'm working on something really c00l.  Im building an interactive
dat explorer that renders in real time with a cgi.  I have no idea if it
would ever run fast enough to work with something the size of Datsville.

I can't wait to see it.  Even if it can't handle all of Datsville at once,  it
could probably handle individual buildings, which would be great.

-John Van