 Off-Topic / Geek / 4960 (-10)
  Re: Need help with annoying pop-ups in WinXP

(...) A brief Google search yielded this: (URL) last post seems to blame Messenger which appears to be the cause of the above problem. -Orion (20 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Need help with annoying pop-ups in WinXP

(...) Hey, I've been having a similar problem! All the popups come if I open MSN messenger, or IE. They also take me to some *&%#@& 'Kita-search.com' 'here4search.com' 'win-eto.com' and some more. I've run Norton, but even after it wipes everything (...) (20 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Need help with annoying pop-ups in WinXP

Hey y'all, I'm hoping one of you super cyberpunks can help me out here. In the last few months I've been getting these pop-ups stating that my registry or something else may be infected, corrupted, etc. They want me to type in the web address (...) (20 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: perl question

(...) You can try this: od -c scriptfile.pl and look for \r chars (in addition to the usual \n chars) to see if that's the problem. (20 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  perl question

Pointers to where to look in the perl docs or Faq on cpan.org gladly taken. I have a perlscript I want to run on both wintel and linux, and I want to invoke it from an outer script. (.bat on wintel and some shell script, sh, ksh, bash or csh on (...) (20 years ago, 3-Feb-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Junction, Petticoat Junction!

(...) Remember also that in "Teahouse of the August Moon"(1)(2) Eddie Albert plays the investigator sent out by the army to see what sort of problems Glenn Ford is having... rather than turn him in for not getting the school built, he gets all (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Cross platform GUI

(...) Orion: In my quest for 3D cross platform independence, I decided to give GLUT a try. GLUT is a cross-platform window toolkit that Mark J. KilGard (who was at SGI at the time) wrote to demonstrate OpenGL programming. It is supposed to run on (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Cross platform GUI

(...) When I decided to use QT for the Linux version of LDView, I already had a Windows native version, and absolutely no plans of moving the Windows version to a cross-platform toolkit. Consequently, while I also felt that having the Windows (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Cross platform GUI

(...) The look and feel is one of the reasons why I rejected GTK (...) To me, compile times are a non issue. However the non-free nature of Qt leaves a bad taste in my mouth (and I not even a Open Source zealot). I can however develop a Qt based (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: CSS Problem, looking for ideas.

"Rob Antonishen" <rob.antonishen@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:IAMK2z.KpL@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) inner (...) not (...) to (...) (URL) ie> and (URL) firefix> (...) and (...) I had some time last week when I was traveling to work on this (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact