 Off-Topic / Geek / 4270 (-10)
  Re: Free PHP and MySQL hosting

(...) Do your own. Seriously, it doesn't exist. You might (if you look hard enough) find a site that claims to, but you'll be lucky if you can see any of your own site through all the ads. Other than that, you'll have to pay. Rates are pretty low (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Free PHP and MySQL hosting

Hi all, What would be the best solution for free PHP and MySQL hosting? Tnx. Jaco (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Retina scanner?

(...) Indeed, the situation lens itself to goofy humours. Maybe the media thought that the pun was cornea than they could handle, and they were afraid to sclera 'way their readership, or perhaps that some reader might have retinal letter to the (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Retina scanner?

(...) That's more like it. Though I'm not sure about the "most mathematically unique biometric" bit. If it's so amazing, and it's obviously easy to capture the image, why isn't it more widely used? I remember reading about a UK school that (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Retina scanner?

(...) Iris Recognition Camera: (URL) PS: toppostbad. (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Retina scanner?

(...) Well, call it an 'eyeball scanner' or something. I suppose I could equally come down on someone who's made a hotdog stand that doesn't really cook hotdogs, or a minifig Outside Broadcast Unit that doesn't really take live video (oh wait a (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Retina scanner?

Okay, you made a point. It should be called "cornea photographer" or something like that. Robert Seifert (but still, isn't it good approximation? I mean it's still lego, you cannot expect something such sophisticated as retina scanner. That was what (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Retina scanner?

(...) You can call it nitpicking if you ignore the implications, but it's like saying you've built a fingerprint scanner when what you're actually doing is photographing the _back_ of someone's hand. From a few basic measurements of the image, you (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Retina scanner?

(...) You're right! But, in fact, who cares? I mean, it's kind of nitpicking. In my opinion it's more important if it works or not. Okay, now when I think about it, does it work? Isn't cornea every time little bit different due different light (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: math question (or pattern... whatever...)

(...) "Performing these experiments not only gives you some clues, it also slows you down from the common frenzy of everyday life, so you can focus on just one thing for a period of time." ROSCO (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact