 Off-Topic / Geek / 4020 (-5)
  Re: Yet another math problem

(...) Ugh - I can't believe it takes a math problem to get me to post for the first time in weeks. The formula for a parabola is: y = ax^2 + bx + c You only need three points to define a parabola, but since you've made yours symmetrical about the (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Yet another math problem

(...) Are you looking for the defining equation of the form y = Ax2+Bx+c ?? or for something else? If the former wouldn't you just solve for "A" and "B" given that "C" is known to be zero (since you said that 0,0 is a point and is the vertex it (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Yet another math problem

This one should be pretty simple for you math-literate folks out there, but it's giving me a dreadful time... I have five points and am trying to define the parabola that contains them (if such exists). The points are: (0,0) (which is also the (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Firefly Fans?

Gulp. I thought you'd might say that. I was originally thinking of doing a mini scale version in the same vein as Jon's Bug, but the more I look at it, the more I think this might be my breakthrough into a larger project. I think my collection as (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Firefly Fans?

(...) It has redefined the Star Trek universe, but I'd like to argue not for the better. I've tried to like Enterprise. I really have. But its continued crapping on the mythos set down by all the other incarnations, coupled with some serious (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact