 Off-Topic / Geek / 3975 (-20)
  Re: Brickshelf question, folder pics

So you can't choose your own, well you could rename it so it falls first in alpha, like aaaaaapic.jpg Ah well, thanks! (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Brickshelf question, folder pics

(...) I don't think it's a setting per se, it's that you have to have a picture in the folder. Folders that contain just other folders will get the manila folder icon. If there is one or more pics in the folder, the first pic, alpha by name, is used (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Brickshelf question, folder pics

Can somebody tell me how to make a thumbnail/picture the icon for a folder instead of the manilla folder looking icon. Is there some setting that I'm missing? e. (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) You raise an interesting point, Bill. But what may be more important is if given the atmospheric conditions on Endor, if one bends over do monkeys fly out of one's butt? -- Hop-Frog (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) I think that the point is that if Endor has a very low density but the same gravity at the surface as Earth, then the mass and diameter are both much greater than Earth, because gravity goes by the distance between the center of mass of the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: electronics question

(...) I believe the new fan is more efficent (it's a high-quality Papst fan). The specs say it moves the same amount of air as the old one. Thanks for your advice! -chris (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: electronics question

(...) Sure. The voltage would have to match (which it does) so no worries there. the current ought to be less to not cause any problems. The old fan is 120mA (there's 1000 milliamps (mA) in an amp), so the new one draws half as much power. It may (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  electronics question

I'm not an electrical engineer... I'm trying to replace a noisy fan in a computer power supply. The fan in there is rated at 12v dc, 0.12(or something like that) amps. The replacement fan is 12v but 60mA. Would the replacement fan work without any (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Chris Lindsey to the Rescue! (was Re: Update on new CW Site)

(...) Hey, I finally found what I think is a tolerably solid windows tool that does the same thing. It's called HTTrack Website Copier, find it at: (URL) achieve good results I found that one has to get into the options, and in particular one *must* (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Warcraft map makers? Anyone try to make a pic from a map?

I got photoshop instead, but that doesn't solve the whole problem. I wanted the entire map. Like one huge .jpg If I take a screen shot it will give me only what I see in the window. Hmm, well I could do that multiple times. Then put them all (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Warcraft map makers? Anyone try to make a pic from a map?

(...) Try the program Paint Shop Pro and use the image capture function. -Mike Petrucelli (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Warcraft map makers? Anyone try to make a pic from a map?

I'm trying to make a map for my website with the map maker from warcraft 2. Anyone ever try to do this? There must be a way to pull the whole map and make it a pic. I found a utility called Pudbrowser and it gives a nasty looking 8 color gif. (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geekshelf is online!

(...) I've always wanted a good place to host such pictures but they don't quite seem to fit Geekshelf (at least most of my vacation pictures, now if I had pictures from the trip I took in college with my sister where we went to a hamfest, an (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: New MOC: Module!

(...) rope? A bunch of cavers rigged a 3230' cliff on Mt. Thor in Canada. Here's a couple links (the 2nd is in a Nordic language, but has some drawings with English labels): (URL) course with a rappel rope the structure which is supporting the (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: New MOC: Module!

(...) Um, isn't that "EX" tower? I heard it came crashing down last week. list of tallest structures as of a while ago: (URL) it wasn't that one.. the one that came down was in Omaha and was actually reported as 1965 feet... Collapse was reported by (...) (22 years ago, 28-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: The first smiley?

There was a bit here (URL) here (URL) Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk #925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado "Mark Sandlin" <sandlin@nwlink.com> wrote in message news:sandlin-7DEC1E....net.com... (...) story (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: The first smiley?

(...) used in an advertisement as long ago as the 60s. I'll see if I can find it. (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Big things (was Re: For Those That *Don't Get* the 2nd Amendement (was Re: Those stupid liberal))

(...) I could argue that, but we're in the wrong place for it now. ;p (...) Don't forget the infamous Moller Air Car: (URL) the US Mil, in the incarnation of NARPA is funding exoskeleton research to the tune of mumble mumble million $$. In my fairly (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Big things (was Re: For Those That *Don't Get* the 2nd Amendement (was Re: Those stupid liberal))

(...) GM may not be making hovercars, but the good people at Moller certainly are. (URL) know this link's been posted before, because somebody made a Lego version of the Skycar. Adrian (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Big things (was Re: For Those That *Don't Get* the 2nd Amendement (was Re: Those stupid liberal))

The following post of James's is off-topic for debate. :-) But it's neat anyway. XFUT geek Let's see, we have John Deere prototyping walker/spider timber harvesters, and Caterpillar prototyping mechs. What's next? GM showing hovercars? Turboprop (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact