 Off-Topic / Geek / 3708
Re: Possible virus sending large emails?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 10:23:56 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Clark Stephens writes:
Hello,
I've been recieving several large emails (117K to 125K) at an account I use
for just Lego communications. Most appear to be from people I've emailed about
Lego. My research shows a recent virus worm is gaining ground. Here's the info
on McAffee:
http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=99455
From that info it appears the virus uses current addresses & possibly current
message titles on the host machine to confuse the recipients of the emails.

I'm curious if others have seen this, too.

Thanks,
Clark

Yep,  I got back into work today to find that I had apparently sent emails
containing it to Tony Kilaras, Larry P and Scott S (which is very strange as
I don't think I've ever emailed Scott).  I've told my helpdesk and await an
answer.  Sorry to all of you if my IT incompetence contributed to this in
any way.

Psi