 Off-Topic / Geek / 3507
Re: Silly lugnet autoemailerator question...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 03:57:25 GMT

In article <GppE8r.1L6@lugnet.com>, Dan Boger <dan@peeron.com> wrote:
oh, please, don't! what MUA will allow you to do limits, *-hooks, PGP,
filters, colors, and anything else you can think of? :) I switched to
mutt two years ago (from mew), and never looked back :)

Well, to give you an idea of just how deep my unfrozen caveman tendencies
run, I finally switched to mutt about that time ago, too.

From /usr/ucb/mail.   [0]

Hey, you'd be amazed what stunts you can pull with it! But not pgp (easily),
which is why I finally switched.

not to mention have to take their hands off the keyboard to read mail!
Silly guis... *grin*

Exactly. I hate mice.

I'm actually kinda liking the trackpoint thing on my laptop; I can mouse
without reaching over for a mouse.

[0] Actually, I did use a graphical mailer for a while in there; when
I worked for SecureWare I used their Intermail product, it's still
the only GUI mailer I have ever liked, years ahead of its time, and
nobody's ever heard of it. I had iBCS set up on my Linux box
to run it at home. And to think I only started using it because I
felt a moral obligation to be something of an in-house beta tester.

Only gripe I had with it was it was aimed at "Real Security People", and
didn't handle PGP because the government doesn't believe in it. Handled
damned near everything else up to and including Fortezza cards and the
like...

-JDF