 Off-Topic / Geek / 3503
Re: Silly lugnet autoemailerator question...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 13:47:17 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, John D. Forinash wrote:
In article <a1gj6c$2pq$1@localhost.localdomain>,
J.D. Forinash <foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
Something that just goes down and over the right distance and puts an
X in is trivial, but I was thinking of what happens when the message
changes and down and over the right distance is no longer the right
place...

(speaking of which, the way to do simply that is to toss)

map ` 1G8j9lrXZZ

heh, that would work, assuming nothing changes :) you still need to hit
'y' in mutt though to send it out...

I'll attach my perlscript... first, you set up mutt so:

macro pager A
<pipe-message>/home/dan/bin/lugnetauth.pl^M<delete-message>

so that hitting 'A' in the pager (after making sure your message is what
you wrote!) will authorize and delete the message.

(adjust the path to lugnetauth.pl, of course).

here's the script:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
# Dan Boger <lugnetauth@peeron.com>
# 06/19/01
#
# This script will accept the post authorization message from Lugnet
# (http://www.lugnet.com) and authorize them. It does not output
# anything, except to it's logfile ($log). Please DO NOT use this as an
# autoreply filter, since it'll break the whole reasoning for having
# authorization messages. Best use: bind it to a macro/key in your MUA,
# so when you recieve a message, you can read it, and if you do decide
# to authorize it, you can run the script on it.

use LWP::UserAgent;

my $ua = new LWP::UserAgent; my $KEY; my $req; my
$log="$ENV{HOME}/.lugnetauth.log"; #my $log="/dev/null";

while (<>) { next until
m!^\s+http://news.lugnet.com/news/post/auth/\?(\S*)!; $KEY = $1; last; }

die "No auth key found in message.\n" unless $KEY;

fork && exit;

$req = new HTTP::Request POST =>
"http://news.lugnet.com/news/post/auth/";
$req->content_type('application/x-www-form-urlencoded');
$req->content("KEY=$KEY\&CMD_APPROVE=Post+It");

my $res = $ua->request($req);

open (LOG, ">>$log") or die;

unless ($res->is_success) { print LOG "$KEY auth - request
failed.\n"; die; }

if ($res->content() =~ /Message successfully posted./) { print LOG "$KEY
auth - ok.\n"; exit; } elsif ($res->content() =~ /You have already
posted this message/) { print LOG "$KEY auth - dup: Already posted.\n";
} elsif ($res->content() =~ /Message does not exist/) { print LOG "$KEY
auth - fail: No such message.\n"; }

close LOG;

please, use responsibly :)

Dan