 Off-Topic / Geek / 3485 (-10)
  Physics/Materials geek question

I know there is a difference between the yield strength of a material under load, and its strength under projectile impact. What I'm wondering -- and this is a little like our "going to Mars" questions -- is to estimate how much abuse will some (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: free vb edition (was: firmware update)

"Peter Newman" <peternewmancl@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GpC2Dr.A68@lugnet.com... (...) Andy's second line was "It is not supposed to be able to create execuatbles". I can confirm that it doesn't - I used it when it first came out, just (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  An Interesting Idea Involving Video Game Memory Card Labels

I have an idea and was looking for opinions as to whether or not it would be successful. When one buys memory cards for say, Nintendo Gamecube or Sony Playstation, these cards only come with two labels. Now if the contents of these cards are (...) (23 years ago, 28-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Mountain bike advice

Hey all, I'm looking for a new bike cause my current one is falling apart. Does anyone here have advice on the best mountain bike I can get for $200-$400, or any other advice pertaining to purchasing a bike? I would like at least front suspension, (...) (23 years ago, 27-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: New annoying pop-up ad

(...) Nope...but I would like to see it. Can you supply a link? (I went to MSNBC and searched "osprey", let a couple of stories sit in my browser for a while, but nothing ever happened). I'm assuming this is just a Java applet, but I would like to (...) (23 years ago, 24-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Slashdot xmas post

(URL) the Audio driven serial xmas lights. Just wanted to point out that you can do this with your LEGO and if you have Classic(9) you can use iTunes and my plugs. (URL) couple of links for other OS's in; /. thread, my audiomoc page, and at (...) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Lamer Question of the Day

(...) Google *is* the top twenty search engines. :) But there's also Metacrawler -- (URL). (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Water Soluble Swimsuit & other techie curiosities

Last-minute shopping for your geek? Don Lancaster, whom you might have heard of (you might be a geek), funds his website by selling interesting surplus (some call it "junk"). It reads like a pretentious men's clothing catalog but sells transmitters (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Lamer Question of the Day

(...) That's the VERY one I was thinking of -- I just couldn't remember the name of it! Many thanks, -- Hop-frog (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Lamer Question of the Day

(...) what (...) search (...) well, I use www.dogpile.com - I'm not sure if it searches _every_ search engine, but it does use a bunch :) Dan (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact