 Off-Topic / Geek / 3484
Re: free vb edition (was: firmware update)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 08:44:39 GMT

"Peter Newman" <peternewmancl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Please can you tell me how to create exe's with CCE?

Andy's second line was "It is not supposed to be able to create
execuatbles". I can confirm that it doesn't - I used it when it first came
out, just before VB5 was released, and it's only for creating UserControl
projects - basically build your own OCX files. MS released it as a stand
alone freebie to get people to start using VB to create OCX's, as that was
one of the big new features of VB5. As OCX's can use forms, modules, and
classes you can write just about anything in the CCE, but you can't compile
to an EXE, only to an OCX (and maybe ActiveX DLL, can't remember exactly).

Dan