 Off-Topic / Geek / 3483
3482  |  3484
Subject:
An Interesting Idea Involving Video Game Memory Card Labels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 08:42:19 GMT

I have an idea and was looking for opinions as to whether or not it would be
successful.  When one buys memory cards for say, Nintendo Gamecube or Sony
Playstation, these cards only come with two labels.  Now if the contents of
these cards are constantly changing, or the labels get damaged, lost, worn
from use ,or you accidently screw up the label trying to write on it, to my
knowledge there is no way to get replacement labels except to buy another
memory card, but then you have to use one label for each card, leaving no
extra labels for if you need them.  I have found a way to produce these
labels through a little inventiveness and would be able to sell them in
packs of precut labels that aside from lacking the insignia of the company
the memory card is for, such as Nintendo (For possible copyright
infringement reasons), and having a few artistic changes, largely resemble
what you might consider professionally created labels.  I would sell these
"packs" of labels for a small price per set, plus shipping if I got this off
the ground and could ship them to other states, for the Gamecube,
Playstation, Nintendo 64, and maybe later the X-Box systems.  I was
wondering if this idea was feasible and would like opinions please.  Thanks.