 Off-Topic / Geek / 3443
Re: Digital Camera?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 00:07:09 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Dave Schuler writes:
<snip>...  One thing that strikes me as
particularly amusing is that everyone is giving suggestions for cameras that
photograph LEGO models well, but I should probably have specified that I'd
be taking pictures of other stuff, too!
</snip>

I'm in a similar predicament. "Which camera ?"
"Other stuff" - well, maybe sometimes.
* But it's important to me to be able to do some lego close-ups.
Can someone point to some specific cameras
(which have the apparently essential macro feature)

I'm restricted pretty much to Canon, Fuji, Kodak, HP (618 & 715xi):) .
Budget say c. $500 (depends on brickbay sales :) )

Latest recommended (for general use and just plain gadgetry)
was a Canon Ixus V (S110). But it's a mere 2 x optical

I wasn't paying attention, what's the difference between macro and zoom?

Suggestions greatly appreciated - Ms Claus will go with my choice.
She wants to see a beam of delight (maybe just light) on MY face while
the small people are 'ooing' over hogwart's castle (and whatever else
mr claus releases unto their grasp)

mail me, do! Time is short ...

Thanks
rwebb@webend dot net (or the other suitably dethrashed address)