 Off-Topic / Geek / 3438
Re: Digital Camera?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 16:27:45 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Mark Sandlin writes:

I'm looking into picking up a digital camera and thought some of us here
might have some good suggestions.

Yes, as has been mentioned, a closeup macro is a very important feature
for photographing LEGO. Also, take note of the focus depth. A few months
ago I was helping one of my fellow SEALUG'ers investigate cameras, and I
think we found that the Nikon models allowed you to get within a few cm
of your subject while still maintaining focus.

  Thank you to everyone for your input.  One thing that strikes me as
particularly amusing is that everyone is giving suggestions for cameras that
photograph LEGO models well, but I should probably have specified that I'd
be taking pictures of other stuff, too!
  Thanks again,

     Dave!