 Off-Topic / Geek / 3437
Re: LUGNET found on serach engine...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 23:34:30 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Frank Filz writes:

Interesting, my first two pages are my way out of date AOL pages. At
least my top level Lego page shows up third. Interestingly, it has a
description and category tag, who puts those there? It shows up as #48
in the Recreation > Collecting > Toys > Lego > Builders category. Lugnet
shows up as #1 for  Recreation > Collecting > Toys > Lego > User Groups.

The categorization comes from the Open Directory Project (www.dmoz.org).
The dmoz data is used by a number of sites, including Google.

--
Tim Buchheim