 Off-Topic / Geek / 3435
Re: Digital Camera?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 22:43:55 GMT

In article <GnH17p.16p@lugnet.com>, "Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com>
wrote:

I'm looking into picking up a digital camera and thought some of us here
might have some good suggestions.  I'm a very casual photographer, so I
don't need built-in X-ray lenses or anything, but can someone recommend a
good value in the neighborhood of $200-$250?  I must confess that I don't
even know what critera I need to consider, other than "takes nice pictures."
   Any help is appreciated.

     Dave!

Yes, as has been mentioned, a closeup macro is a very important feature
for photographing LEGO. Also, take note of the focus depth. A few months
ago I was helping one of my fellow SEALUG'ers investigate cameras, and I
think we found that the Nikon models allowed you to get within a few cm
of your subject while still maintaining focus.

HTH

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations