 Off-Topic / Geek / 137
Re: Fun with JAVA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 14:26:27 GMT

cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley) writes:

It makes the browser window go bezerk and start shaking all over the
screen.

I almost threw up.

Yup, the future doesn't look too bright.  It's a really bad thing to
allow the script language to control the geometry of the client window.
I'll be keeping Java turned off for the near future, I think.

By the way, anybody remember the cool undocumented feature in an early
Netscape 2.0 release?  (Or was it 1.1?)  Oh, well, one could employ a
"sendmail" tag, which simply made the client send a mail to some given
address, with the user's address as recipient.  Now, imagine how easy it
would be to gather mail addresses for spammers if this feature was
retained!

Fredrik