 Off-Topic / Geek / 1043
Re: Why are my fonts broken?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 00:01:18 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Matthew Miller writes:
Check out: <URL:http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/FDU.html>. It's Nov '99,
so pretty recent.

Ahh, many thanks.  Things are much improved now.  Not perfect yet, but no
longer incredibly painful to try to read.

It's actually got particular advice about Netscape, which I hadn't known and
am now going to go experiment with. But it seems to apply to xfstt and
doesn't say anything specific about xfs (what a terrible choice of names, by
the way), which is what Red Hat uses.

Things seem to be working okie-dokie for me in Netscape Navigator except for
one big thing:  It insists on always rendering TrueType fonts at 12 pt.  :-(

Have you been able to get TrueType fonts to display at arbitrary sized under
Netscape Navigator?

I did install Mozilla M12 last night, and fonts render wonderfully there, but
I didn't find the actual browser itself seriously usable yet.  I guess I'll
just live with NN at 12 for now.

--Todd