 Off-Topic / Geek / 1027
Re: Why are my fonts broken?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 21:37:34 GMT

keywords? :)   I did find a Mini-Howto on TrueType with XFree86[1] but
it seems to be a bit out-of-date with respect to filenames, etc.

hmm.  I was just digging through looking for something else today, and ran
across http://ftp.task.gda.pl/pub/XFree86/FAQ/faq.html#TTF which implies that
it's a no-go, but if you've found something that says yes then more power to
ya - just let us know how!  :-

xfsft (or xfstt?) linked in as a font server.  I just need to figure out how
to activate it!  :)

my 6.0/6.1 hybrid (6.0 with some packages upgraded to what's on a 6.1 cd) has
xfs, but I don't think that does TT does it?

-Steven
http://home.mindspring.com/~svore