 Off-Topic / Geek / 1019
Re: S3 Trio3D & XFree86?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 01:50:57 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Tom Boucher writes:
So, I'd say, get another vid. card.

Yeah, that seemed to be the consensus on Usenet as well.  :-(

This particular machine is an IBM 300PL.  But can you just (safely) plop
another video card into a machine like this with an onboard integrated
video system??  If so, then, heck, that's what I'll prolly go ahead an do.

It just automagically disables the on-board video.  So it's real easy to do
that.

Oh, BTW, that worked great -- thanks for the help.  I put in an ATI XPERT98
card (8MB, PCI, 3D Rage Pro chipset) and it FLIES, even at 1600x1200x16bit.
Very happy!

--Todd