 Off-Topic / Geek / 731
Re: S3 Trio3D & XFree86?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 18:18:03 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:
Anyone out there have any luck getting an AGP S3 Trio3D (86C366) to work
with XFree86 & RHL 6.1?  It's supposed to be supported by XFree86-3.3.5[1]
but I'm running into a brick wall...

I had beaucoup XFree86 problems with the #9 Imagine 128 II video card -- it
turns out that the ISA card is supported, but not the PCI card.  Guess which
one I have!  >:-P  You might find a similar incompatability with the Trio3D...

Fortunately, I found out that my employer released a fairly decent X server
for Win32...

Cheers,
- jsproat

Arthur, I have POCKETS!!!