 Off-Topic / Geek / *2050 (-20)
  Re: Lego New is Up

(...) I get that error all the time with lynx -- it's usually just a warning and Lynx copes with it. However, this ends up doing something else weird: it eventually dumps me at: [ERROR.GIF] No cookie. To access this site your browser must be (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Two people seeing two different web sites

(...) To extend the list of resons: They might have changed the IP to the servern in the primary DNS and your computer alt. your DNS haven't got it yet. (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Two people seeing two different web sites

(...) well, it could be caused by a number of reasons: The web server might actually be serving different versions of the page to different people - according to browser type, how you got there, what ip you have, what cookies you have... etc. If (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Two people seeing two different web sites

How can two systems, each with a cleared cache, see two different versions of the same web site? Yes, I am talking about the infamous www.lego.com i.e. I have seen references to links in the Lego web site that people have made but I get an under (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Uncle Bill's new toy

"Tobias Möller" <tobias.moller@telia.com> wrote in message news:39C12BEB.CD41A6...lia.com... (...) Windows 2000 is Windows NT 5, but MS decided to rename it. They've moved some bits around and added new features (eg. EFS) but the core is still based (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Lego New is Up

(...) I can see the new & improved LEGO site fine with Netscape 4.7x under Linux -- but I thought I'd give it whirl with Lynx because I could always find the press releases easier that way. Problem is, when I try acessing it with Lynx (2.8.x), I get (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: FreeBSD/Linux

(...) I don't know anything about that, but one related issue is that Linux does not yet have a journalizing filesystem which means that power failures can be a real pain, especially if you have to fsck a large disk. There's a bunch of journaling fs (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  FreeBSD/Linux

(...) I like both. Linux is what I run at home on my main system. Linux has excellent disk write caching, but I think by default it writes things in disk-spin order rather than temporal data-write order, which could affect integrity in the rare (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Uncle Bill's new toy

Hmm, can't say anything -I run a Mac! But maybe my Windows friends has heard anything about it? I thought that Windows 2000 was a new system, not an upgrade to NT. All I'm waiting for, is MacOS X! --Tobias (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Uncle Bill's new toy

(...) Yet another version of Windows called Windows Millenium Edition (ME), It is to Win 98 SE, what Win 98 was to Win 95. A new upgrade to the Win 9x platform, not to be confused with Windows 2000 (the recent upgrade to the NT platform). It was (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Upgrading your system

I'd like to upgrade my MacOS 8.6 to MacOS 9, or perhaps X if it's compatible with iBook, which I believe it is not. Will an upgrade erase everything on my harddrive? (like reformatting?) Or do I just launch the installation app, install, restart, (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Uncle Bill's new toy

ME? What's that? Millenium aka Windows 2000? Or yet another version? --Tobias (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  QTVR stuff -done the hard way

I've downloaded the QTVR Edit Object application (only for Macs) from (URL) and it runs fine. I have some POV-ray objects that I want to convert to QTVR. I know how to set up the clock and animation stuff. So far, I've managed to make a simple (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Uncle Bill's new toy

Has anyone upgraded to Windows ME yet? If so, what do you think of it? How did the installation go? Jude (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: www.ldraw.org

(...) Oops, you got it backwards. TTL=1 is the limit, you start at 255 and each router (or seconds held by router) decrements the TTL by one before forwarding. If TTL=1 the packet is discarded. KL (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: www.ldraw.org

(...) To be sure that you can eventually connect to it try: ping -i 255 www.ldraw.org That is to use the maximum TTL. I tryed it and Got: Reply from 130.226.51.217: bytes=32 time=240ms TTL=227 Which is very near the limit. (...) In Fact the packet (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: legoland.co.uk attack

(...) That has to be one of the nicest hacks...no profanity, no porn, it even relates to the site hacked! And that is a pretty cool Falcon... --Bram (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: www.ldraw.org

(...) After some poking around with traceroute: Looks like it's directly connected to darenet.dk, and going through nordu.net to get there, and it looks like nordu.net's main connectivity (URL) to the US is through a tangled mess of ebone.net (8 (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: legoland.co.uk attack

(...) Millennium Falcon. Here's a mirror of the hacked site: (URL) Anyone seen that model before? Also, he did leave a nice message for the admin. :) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: www.ldraw.org

(...) we've seen this problem before... it seems that the ldraw.org site lives in the far depths of the internet. A lot of people seem to need more than 30 "hops" to get to it, and apparently, there's software out there that is just not patient (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact