 Off-Topic / Geek / *1995 (-10)
  Programming Brain Teaser

Hey Y'all: Someone posed the following teaser to me, and I admit that it has stumped me completely. It has even stumped my programmer buddies (which creates doubt in my mind that there IS actually a solution to the puzzle). The question was posed (...) (24 years ago, 7-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: I cannot connect to LDRAW.ORG - plz help!!!

(...) Using "www.anonymiser.com", I was able to get to the LDraw site to vote on the parts update. However, I was *not* able to download the file, *nor* was I able to see all of the images (exceeded the limits for "free" use of the anonymiser, and (...) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: I cannot connect to LDRAW.ORG - plz help!!!

Daniel: (...) If your machine is behind a firewall, it is very likely that you are using a proxy without knowing it. It is not uncommon to put a "transparent proxy", which intercepts HTTP requests, in a firewall. Franklin: Did you get through to (...) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: I cannot connect to LDRAW.ORG - plz help!!!

"Jacob Sparre Andersen" <sparre@sys-323.risoe.dk> wrote in message news:FzMpLH.K8A@lugnet.com... (...) I have run a tracert from my machine here and there are 32 hops to www.ldraw.org, but I can pull the pages up fine. I don't have my browser using (...) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: SSH/SCP GUI Client?

(...) or, (if you can use it), ssh2 from ssh.com has a built in very nice sftp... Unfortunatly, their licensing is a bit harsh... Dan (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: SSH/SCP GUI Client?

(...) I don't. Mindterm is nice, but it requires either getting a signed applet (anyone know how to do that? can you generate your own certificates?) or setting up a java virtual machine outside of the web browser, and that might be a pain. Another (...) (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  SSH/SCP GUI Client?

Maybe this has been asked before. Maybe I'm the one who asked. I don't remember, and I don't think so. Anyway, I've got to do some file transfer and file management on a remote server. This server is going to using SSH/SCP exclusively -- no FTP or (...) (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  "Frag without the lag"

Sitting in my hotel room processing factorings... I heard an ad for one of the Oz ISPs (optus) and their selling point was that if you went with their broadband solution, you'd get an unfair advantage on your online gaming buddies. The claim made (...) (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: What's wrong with my PC?

(...) I checked with my BIOS, and there does not appear to be any temperature alarm limit setting. This is the Asus P2B mainboard with a fairly recent BIOS upgrade. I also reset the BIOS settings to default, but this did not help. Anyway, thanks for (...) (24 years ago, 4-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Announcing the Brickwise[tm] Shopping Report

(...) For now, ya, that was the easiest first step. The main reason not to include non-U.S.-based retailers here for now was currency conversion issues. (...) Let's just say that two eight packs of Guinness played an important role and that it is (...) (24 years ago, 4-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.market.theory)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact