 Off-Topic / Fun / 9649
9648  |  9650
Subject:
Film Fun (was Re: Signs really blah, blah, blah...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 07:49:00 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Schuler writes:
Whoa!  I was just trying for a zinger on the apparent flavor-of-the-month;
I had no idea he'd done anything but "extreme" films.  My apologies to
Diesel for a hasty judgment!

Dave! Schuler -- The Angriesy Film Viewer in the World

The angriest film viewer in the world is so angry he cannot move.

He cannot eat. He cannot sleep. He can just barely growl...

...Bound so tightly with tension and anger at a host of bad films, he
approaches the state of rigor mortis.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vin was also the voice of "The Iron Giant" and one of the ensemble cast of
"Pitch Black" where he played murderer in transit Riddick (a film I think
rates a 7 of 10 or so).  That a film of Hannibal is in the works is only too
cool.  I still need to see more of this guy to decide if he can act or not,
not that it will matter to his career as far as I can see.  Diesel's
physique and voice may typecast him, even if his talent reaches for greater
range.

We like our beefcake raw over at my house...and eyecandy is better than
nothing given many of the movies made today. Sad but true.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note, I think it may be time again for Dave!'s top 10 list of
best films ever made.

While I won't "jump thee gun" by giving out my own list early (mainly
because I think I have to rework my list), the most recent DVD arrivals at
my house are:

1. Pitch Black (purchased used)
2. The Fast and the Furious (purchased new)
3. O Brother, Where Art Thou? (borrowed, now owned -- If one waits long
enough the lender will purchase another copy thinking the existing copy has
gone missing)
4. Quills (borrowed in trade for "Leon, the Professional", soon to be traded
back -- see previous parenthetical note)
5. Hedwig (purchased new)

-- Hop-Frog